Thursday, May 23, 2013

Binge and Purge



For the rush, I jump
the catharsis of adrenaline
Superman has lost his cape

And I binge like an overactive child on Ritalin

Mr. love junkie has found his needle

everyone needs a dose of their own medicine

For serenity, I pray
the catharsis of religion
mother mary is crying blood

And I binge like a hungry pigeon

Mr. man upstairs is out of bread

everyone must make an uninformed decision


The ordinary colors paint this canvas
And my sky is filled with lemon drops
So, I put my faith in the fearful farmer
who says, this spring there will be no crops

And I binge like the weather man

As he predicts when the rain will stop


Superman has lost his cape
He stays inside the telephone booth

Mr. handsome devil is still looking for his wisdom tooth

And no one will tell him
the source comes from experience

everyone is binging
on their own belligerence


For the rush, I jump
without a parachute

it's a frightening urge

Mr. love junkie will lose his needle

it will then be time to purge


No comments:

Post a Comment