Sunday, May 4, 2014

Something

You're dead to me, she said to me.  Regrettably.
I'm not your remedy, just your enemy, she fed to me.  Impeccably. 

Something always brings her back to me.

We're dangerous, the two of us.  We're perfect together when we aren't together.  It's serious, I'm curious if she ever believed in forever...Mysterious, like balmy weather.  Our skies are gray, soothing and hideous.  Can't look away...

Something always brings us back together.

You are my sleep, my insomnia, my cancer and my hypochondria.  I do not doubt nor think twice that God makes mistakes or rolls the dice.  I cannot hear through your silence.  It's deafening like violence.  I should go towards someone new...

Something always brings me back to you.

Walk away, I won't beg you to stay.  If a man like me isn't the man I should be, I'll be dead to you, remorsefully.   Smile begrudgingly and push me away, forcefully.  I won't blame you or name you when I resort to writing about you...

But my words will bring you back to me.

We're in sync, don't you think?  Pass the devil's cup so I can drink.  Independence and being right, such lonely words.  It's fourth of July every night and there are no fireworks.  Celebrate life without me.   Stare at the clock and count your money.  Time can't be bought.

Something always brings you back to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment