Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Problem



The problem with logic is that it's limited. 

Those words you speak, I deflect with clarity as I reflect on the ones you once spoke with regularity.  Maybe, I became more unlovable or just maybe, I was your charity.

The problem with love is that it should be uninhibited.


Such a shame, the road we chose.  It was bound to happen, I suppose.  Wrap your arms around my chest and dig your nails into my back.  Leave your mark before you go.  We'll take turns shooting the elephant. 

The problem with truth is it never seems to be relevant.

I'm in love with a shark, said the swimmer at sea as he found himself out of his element.  Drop your anchor and drown this elephant, said the shark cautiously.  Such a shame, this predicament.  Both of them wishing it was all different.

The problem with pride is it becomes belligerent. 


Say it, I told you so.  Disappointment cloaked in benevolence.  Sweet sweet you, choking on your perseverance.  Wrap your hands around my neck.  Shake loose the screws of my intellect.  Say it, you're skeptical.

The problem with hope is it's hypothetical.

Such a shame, this spectacle. 

Round and round, we go.  You love me, you told me so.  Should I cling to those words from long ago? 

I'm in love with a woman, said the man on a cross.  Her indifference is his albatross.  Wrap you arms around that man.  Dig your nails into his back.  Leave your mark before you go and crucify that elephant. 

The problem with indifference is it becomes self-evident.

Such a shame, that all is good; eventually becomes corrupt as all those riches leave us bankrupt.

The problem with love is it is never convenient. 













2 comments:

  1. Love has no logic - no distance - no limitations as it is two hearts that reach out - sometimes across the miles. When shared it can be the greatest feeling in the world, but when it comes to a halt, it can be the worst feeling in the world. More than one "river of tears" has been created because of the loss of loving someone. No two relationships are ever the same but there is always that one special person that can turn your entire world upside down and so no, it is never convenient and sometimes, you never share anything physical - it is all just words . Amazing how a word or words can destroy the beauty of so many things and sometimes, you wish life's experiences would take a different path - not the road you are currently traveling.

    ReplyDelete