Saturday, January 3, 2015

Us


We could be contagious.  You and me.
Us.

Egregious me speaks in tongues   Religiously.  Sincere words sometimes spoken facetiously.  Pull me in.  Just to let me go. With all the other fish at sea.  And it seems to me, love should be much more ambitious.  And I am sorry when I lose faith but I never stop believing in us. 

I sat down to write you a sonnet.  It occurred to me you would not want it.  I am suspicious of your silence.  Capricious me could use some guidance.  Pull me in.  Just to let me go.  Maybe it was never love.  Just twisted pseudo science.  I will sleep on it before I break your trust.  Then, I will discard this unwanted sonnet.  But I will still write about us.

Because that is what I do.  And who I am.
Ambiguous you could never understand.

We could have been infectious.  You and me.
Us.

Independence is dangerous.  Synonymous with isolated.  Pull me in.  Just to let me go.  Together but separated.   Even if I could, I would not go back and change us.  In the beginning, we were both incredulous.

And here we are, it seems so cold and callous.  But not born of malice.  People change.  Not to be confused with disingenuous. 
Or treacherous.

But I still believe in us.

And I always will. 





2 comments:

  1. "Contagious..you and me"! Life is amazing when it comes to people (guy meets girl - girl meets guy) and then who knows what will happen and where the paths might lead as life has a tendency to change everyone and everything and "love" can always cause changes of the heart as it can heal or hurt! Funny, how that sometimes goes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing and beautiful use of language!!

    ReplyDelete