Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Extinction Event



Enlighten me from your ivory tower.  Frighten me with your tawdry power.  Esoteric me clings parasitically.  In spite of me, I would not change retrospectively.  Go ahead, throw those stones from your glass house.  I''ll just float on that log in your eye. Who's the spider?  Who's the butterfly?  I'll serve my purpose and you serve yours.  Love has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

Here's a match.  Ignite my paper heart.  Let that fire lead you from the dark. 
The dead horse is twitching.  Here's a stick.  Better dead than parasitic. 
Every ivory tower presides a critic.  And every glass house resides a hypocrite. 

Speculate with your arrogance.  I'll wait here as you calculate your "evidence".  Stubborn me clings unyieldingly.  In spite of me, I would not change course willingly.  Go ahead, nail me on some cross.  I'll just resurrect my restraint.  Who's the sinner?  Who's the saint?  I'll worship my God and you worship yours.  Faith has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

Here's some logic.  Tie it in knots.  Where will you turn when the rain stops?  We're all fearful farmers when there are no crops.
The dead horse is twitching.  Here's a stick.  Better dead than agnostic.
Every throne presides a lunatic.  And every church resides a hypocrite.

Surround me with the altruistic.  Drown me with the optimistic.  Stoic me clings fanatically.  In spite of me, I would not give in foolishly.  Go ahead, have the last laugh.  I'll just float in a half full glass.  I have my dreams and you have yours.  Hope has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

There's a distinction between us and them.  In the name of progress arises an extinction event. 
Dinosaurs, they came and went. 






No comments:

Post a Comment