Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Endless Loop



At some point, everyone got busy. 

And I just watched the world pass me by.

I fell asleep like I often do when things become too heavy.  I had this dream about heaven.  It wasn't an actual place, though.  It was nothing but all of the best memories I have; tied together in an endless loop.  I had this belief that heaven might be overpopulated but I came to realize, it only consists of a handful of people.

And a dog.  One dog.

It was around the three minute mark when I reached the apex of heaven.  It was these countless I love yous coming from only a few mouths.  Despite so few people who have uttered those three words to me over the span of my life, those three words held a deeper significance than I ever realized.  Once upon a time, I could count on hearing that phrase daily.  Then, one day, it stopped.  I thought how did I become so unloveable?  What changed about me?  In heaven, we don't get answers to those questions because self doubt or even, self loathing isn't included in that endless loop. 

I woke up and my heart was indescribably heavy.  I had forgotten so many names and faces.  I suppose I got so busy and the world just passed me by.

I stretched out my arm to reach my phone.  I desperately wanted to call those people I had just visited in that endless loop.  I couldn't.  For so many different reasons. 

At some point, everyone got busy.  Me, included. 

And the world just passed us by.





1 comment:

  1. Regardless of how busy our lives get (and it does get overwhelming at times) we should take a moment to contact those we care about and we should always say "I love you" When I cross over to the shores of Heaven, I hope to find more than just the best memories in my life tied together by an endless loop. Time to slow down in life and not take it for granted. TY for a good read.

    ReplyDelete