Monday, June 13, 2016

Just a Dream



That's me on a cloud
Up high; away from the crowd.
I think I see you laughing
I think you're finally happy

That's me caught in a light sneeze
stuck in the forest without trees
where the trees do not have leaves
I think I see you picking forbidden fruit
Tip toeing in a gentle breeze
I think I see you squirming
I think your loins are burning
As I go in for a drink
down on my knees

That's me outside your door
out of excuses and apologies
I think I hear you sighing
I think I hear you crying

That's me in a happy ending
knives are twisting and spoons are bending
I think I see you looking up
as I am ascending
Only to see me drop
As our story undergoes some amending
That's me in another predictable ending

That's you on the cloud
Up high; away from the crowd
Angels only come once around

I think I heard us laughing
I think I heard us sing

But that was just a dream
That was just a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment