Friday, March 10, 2017

perfect world



Perfect world, all I wanted was a seamless transition.  Some hope and a little less ambition.  Do I listen to my intuition and ignore this premonition?  In a perfect world, there is no opposition. 

Who knew letting go is easier than the chase? 
Hope is either a slow death
or it disappears without a trace.
Its been one year since my fall from grace
It was the right thing to do
but something still leads me back to you.

In a perfect world, she'd love me.   Without borders or ambiguity.  With no one else above me. 

A perfect world without enemies like the gnawing notion of inadequacies and jealousies.  Where fantasies become destinies and futures never become histories.  Perfect world without all its scars and miseries.

from excitement to apprehension.  unreleased sexual tension and some lukewarm affection.  easier to walk in the other direction.
from apprehension to doubt.  easier to just get out.
from doubt to optimistic.  questioning what is realistic but in the end, we become monolithic.
from optmistic to desperate.  easier to just exit.
from desperate to pathetic.  easier to just forget it.

but something always leads me back to you.
something tells me that all of this, everything, every moment of our lives
was leading me to you.
Perfect world, tell me what I should do.

Hope is a slow death
or it disappears without a trace
Who knew letting go is easier than the chase?









No comments:

Post a Comment