Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Cake


Beautiful baker doesn't need me
well, she does knead me

I'm cake


All the signs and all the dreams mislead me
Misinterpreted by the needy
I don't blame you for this miscue
One misstep, Deja vu

I'm cake

It's a losing battle to fight alone
Takes two to believe
The chicken soup is cold
I'm cake for the soul

Beautiful baker doesn't understand me
Let's be friends, Mr. Plan B
And I'll wait with all the cake and candy

Beautiful baker wants more
Plan B, always found in the convenience store

Insufficient and inadequate
Inconsequential
Cake is inanimate

Ask me where it aches
It aches in the place you vacated
If love has an off switch
then my heart is antiquated

There's you and me
Beautiful baker with plan B
Dreams of cake and candy
When I'm gone, just maybe
you will understand me

I'm cake



1 comment:

  1. Are you cake or worth years? Maybe when she's gone you'll understand her? Things to think about. I'm not 100% sure who this is aimed at, but I'm sure those questions apply regardless.

    ReplyDelete