Sunday, January 14, 2018

Shameville


Took a guilt trip to Shameville.  Hoped to forget Us. 
Spent too much time there
I feel the same, still. 

I broke down in Hopeless.   Lost direction and focus. 
I hope you're happy now.

It's very seldom
we don't overstay our welcome
I overstayed mine
I hope you're happy now

Strangers can be comforting. 
The indifference is palpable
Seeking deliverance from the suffering
seems rational
Nobody is happy in Shameville


Hypothetical futures become regrettable pasts. 
Sunny days ahead are rainy forecasts. 
Only the weatherman profits from bad news. 

Everyone wants to trade skin.  I want to trade shoes. 
Kindness happens behind closed doors.   And so, does abuse. 

I hope you're happy now. 
No one deserves it more. 
Life ain't fair says the entitled one.  

I refuse to keep score.

Scheduled a flight to heaven.  Hope to wait on the other side for you.
Excuse me if I ignore you...

Valor is the better part of discretion.
Hell is the road to good intention
Kill one stone with two birds
Wise is the man of few words
Better never than late
Good luck is a leg break
Getting on in years
Pity parties and crocodile tears

Every silver lining has a cloud.
I hope you're happy now.




No comments:

Post a Comment