Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Diary of an Epiphany


Year 16:  She wanted my virginity.  Little did she know, year 13 was when it was tossed into the wind.  But it was my birthday.  Why would I give her a gift?

Year 8:  The nurses thought I was funny.  Maybe, they were humoring me.  Something about fear of the unknown that makes a boy feel alive.  Year 18 was no longer a dream.

Year 29
:  The world is on fire.  Some people DO really want to watch it burn. 

Year 4:  Kind of young to be a bar fly but I sure could dance.  A tall Sarsparilla and I could tell tales about my father for hours.  We learn to lie young.  Well, I did.

Year 31:  I don't want to talk about it.

Year 13Hike up your skirt, little girl, and show your world to me.  And she did.

Year 37:  To be continued.

Year 18:  The next 13 years are worth talking about.  Sometimes, there's not enough words in the world.

Year 38:  Became ordained and then was excommunicated from the very friendship I was ordained for.  But he's doing well; assuming Facebook tells the true story.

Year 12:  Our house was our car.  Our car was our house.  But it was home.  For a day.  Things kids don't tell other kids but they know.  The cruelty of kids is awash in their kindness.  Just no one ever talks about THAT.

Year 39:  I don't talk about it anymore. 

Year 15:  God is so good.  Signed, Future Prodigal Son.

Year 17:  Her name was Karen.  She had so much potential.  I suppose she's not forgotten.

Year 40:  The World is on fire.  Some people DO want to watch it burn.  Heads buried in the sand.  Comfort found in a belief system that is proven to be right.

Year 10You, with the sad eyes, don't be discouraged.   And I wasn't.

Year 1:   Mischievous.  Probably won't grow out of it.

Year 41:  God is so good.  Signed, Epiphany.



2 comments:

  1. It takes a lot of guts to show anyone the pages of your own diary....in any fashion. Thank you for having the guts to share yours with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who tried to steal your virginity??? In the future, can you please name people. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete