Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Panic (A Love Story)‏


There’s panic on the streets of my town
when my insecurities become impurities
If I could swim with the ease of your liberties
I would most certainly never drown

There’s worry inside my head
As my brain rises out of its bed
I could analyze this until I despise what I miss
But I’d rather hyper-criticize every last inch of this


It’s as if I am swimming in an ocean of doubt
But the rain clouds above
Help me think my way out
As the water is receding
The deeper I’m bleeding
Those sharks are circling
As if I am what they’re needing
To devour my heart
As it dangles on my sleeve
I pray for the rain
And any reason I should leave

There’s panic in the water
At the mere rumors of danger
I could love you forever
Or just be a stranger

I’m an angel away
From meeting my maker
I’m sure the devil herself
Wants me to call her my creator
That’s how it goes when there’s panic in hell
All the good people
Put their souls out for sale

It’s as if instant gratification is the new blue
Like a drug in my vein
The yellow becomes you
They say colors are the reason
We all want a different view
I say colors are the reason
I only want you

There’s panic on the streets of my town
When my insecurities invade your liberties
And I wear my impurities like a crown

I am the king of my fate
But I’m once again late
There’s panic everywhere
When we are told just to wait

I could analyze this until my kingdom should come
Or I could turn back around and return
To where I came from


But I’d rather scream and panic for no simple reason
For every familiar color, we have a new season

That’s how it goes when nobody knows
that panic clings to hope and it doesn’t know better
I could worry myself to an early death
Or I could just love you forever.










No comments:

Post a Comment