Monday, August 26, 2013

Hannah Montana is the New Elvis

Twenty five years ago, I swore I wouldn't grow up to be who I am now.  You know.  One of those adults.  One of those adults like your parents, like my mom, like your grandparents, like mine.

I swore I wouldn't say such trite phrases like we are going to hell in a hand basket.  I promised I would never label anything satanic.  I even told myself I would be one of those cool adults.

Nobody warned me about last night.  Oh sure, I once was told about Elvis shaking his hips on live TV.  And certainly, I've seen clips of Jim Morrison being rebellious enough to sing Light my Fire live on the Ed Sullivan show.  But nobody told me that our decline would eventually hit bottom.

Nothing is accidental.
Nothing is a gimmick.

Rewind a few years back to the Super Bowl with the wardrobe malfunction between Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake.  After parents complained loudly, this obviously planned gimmick was then deemed an accident. 

It wasn't an accident.

How do I know this?

Look at what Ms. Jackson was wearing:


Women don't normally wear Egyptian Occultic symbols over their nipples underneath their clothes. 

At the time, we all brushed it off.  Made some jokes.  Admired her firm breasts.  And so on.

But since then, we've seen nothing from the music industry but latent Occultic forms of symbolism; from Beyonce and Rhiana wearing Baphomet ornaments to Madonna performing at the Super Bowl two years ago in full Occultic costumes.



It's not accidental nor is it a gimmick.  I won't even use the word satanic because I promised myself 25 years ago, I would never be that person.  However, if it's not from God, then its from....

But I digress.

When Beyonce performed at the Super Bowl, she stated, "I have someone else that takes over when it’s time for me to work and when I’m on stage, this alter ego that I’ve created that kind of protects me and who I really am." 

We've all seen the pictures that her publicist tried in vain to remove from the internet:

Whatever spirit she claims takes control of her when she performs certainly isn't angelic.  Some may argue, its some type of demonic possession.  I'm not one of those people.  I swore 25 years ago, I would never make that claim.

I don't even want to talk about the obvious dark side of the music industry.  It's always existed.  It's just more in our face now.  What was once isolated to heavy metal is now in pop music.



Twenty five years ago, Madonna hit the scene.  She appeared on stage at the MTV music awards crawling on all fours in a white wedding dress singing, "Like a Virgin".


Parents were upset. 

Not me.  She was hot.  It was just a gimmick.  Sex sells.  She's just trying to sell records.  It's harmless.  It means nothing.  Adults are over reacting.

Those are the words I said.



Well, here we are, 2013 and last night happened.  Miley Cyrus comes out on stage with her hair tied in devil's horns and gyrates to men in pedobear costumes.  Then, a man, Robin Thicke, twice her age simulates sex with her on stage briefly.  Even at one point, Miley uses a large foam finger to insinuate masturbation.


I never wanted to be this adult that I have become. 

But I've learned something over the years:  Nothing is accidental.  Nothing is a gimmick.  Everything is calculated.  Every action has a purpose. 

Am I disgusted with what I saw last night?  No.  In fact, I enjoyed her performance. 

She is just symptomatic of the culture we live in.  Her little dance routine on stage last night isn't going to cause 13 year old girls to go out and fuck someone today.  They're fucking already.

Pop culture doesn't change the world we live in.  It mirrors it.

What I did find ironic last night was; as I was trying to find what time and channel the VMAs were on, I found myself looking at the program guide.  And it dawned on me:  there's a reason television shows are called programs. 

The shows themselves aren't programs.  We are being programmed.  Everything on television and in movies is intended to condition us and desensitize us.

Like I said, nothing is accidental.  Nothing is a gimmick.



I won't dare say we are headed to hell in a hand basket.  I promised myself I would never be that person nor am I the type of person that resorts to worn out cliches.

What I do know and what I can say clearly is that in the last week, people throughout this country have spent more time debating Miley Cyrus' performance at the VMAs and whether or not, Ben Affleck is a good choice for Batman.

That speaks volumes to how drunk our society has become.

Eventually.  Sooner or later.  Our priorities will be forced to change.  Unfortunately, we won't be able to handle the withdrawals.

Garbage in.  Garbage out.  We consume enough poison, eventually, we don't recover.

We laugh at the days when our grandparents were aghast at Elvis shaking his hips on TV.  And now look at us.

They were right.

I proudly admit that I have become the adult I swore I never would become. 




































3 comments:

  1. Hurl, we should marry....lots of bouncy bouncy.

    Not really, not that there is anything wrong with that...besides what is wrong with it, of course.

    Hurl, you are dead on; and I'm glad you are aware of the occult symbolism; that makes you one thousand times more aware of reality than the common idiot atheist...thing is, the common idiot atheist is more than certain he or she is a thousand times more intelligent than me...I mean you.

    Whatever, hell in a bouncy bouncy handbasket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was doing my best not to play the MK Ultra card or get into the conspiracy stuff but yeah, hollywood is a cesspool consisting of handlers and mind controlled automatons. ive spent the last few months reading and watching a lot of stuff on satanism, the occult and the monarch program. its not even a secret anymore. we have celebrities like roseanne, corey feldman and even johnny depp that have admitted its all true. yet, if we speak about it bluntly, we are crazy to believe it.

      Delete
  2. “…yet, if we speak about it bluntly, we are crazy to believe it.”

    Worse yet, if we’re wearing crosses when we say it we’re called bible-thumpers.

    ReplyDelete