Friday, January 31, 2014

Bliblical Proportions



In the beginning, there was you and I; a toothless tiger and a butterfly. 

In a still voice, it was sternly stated: "Let there be light".  Suddenly, the darkness abated and you walked into my life.

Eden is for you and me.  Make yourself at home.  Have whatever you'd like but the fruit from that tree.  Her skin so delicate, her eyes so green. The taste of her sin was only meant for me.

In a tempting voice, I heard it said, "just take one bite, listen to me, instead".

You, my forbidden fruit, why are you still here?  What is it you love me for?  Are you an angel or babylon's whore?  You, my sweet blood diamond.  My hands are clean on this lonely island.  You say I am as frightening as a toothless tiger.  It's just you and I, my beautiful butterfly.

It is written, I shouldn't be with you.  Some words are easy to ignore.  Make it easier for me and tell me what you love me for.

The rain is coming; a perfect storm.  Don't blame me if you're not safe and warm.  When the door of the ark is shut, the wrath will then begin.  Will you swim after me, my beautiful forbidden sin?

Throw me into the lion's den.  Put on some makeup and count to ten.  You've always looked beautiful in belligerence.   You, my sweet tyrant, are my deliverance.

In the beginning, it was a perfect world.  Somewhere along the way, an if was added.  If this was a perfect world, if this was a perfect world wouldn't be an adage.  If this was a perfect world, that tree would have not been planted and I wouldn't be so disenchanted.

You, in your crown of thorns.  Me, in the belly of a whale.  If this is our last supper, I will drink from your chalice, my holy grail.  Tell me what you love me for so I can try harder.  God knows I was born to be your martyr. 

You, my stubborn ass, should know there is no salvation clinging to pride.  I'll talk to the thief hanging to my right while you decide. 

It is written, I shouldn't be with you.  Some words are easy to ignore.  Make it easier for me and tell me what you love me for.

In the beginning, it was just you and I; a toothless tiger and a butterfly.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love the imagery that plays through my mind as I read it. <3

    ReplyDelete