Saturday, February 8, 2014

Letter from Machine



Under a billion stars, I can't help but think of you.  Where does the man end and machine begin?  Can you leave heaven for a day or two?  Machine wants to feel again.

My words are escaping me.  They caught an airplane.  Why are you scaring me?  Machine knows no fear nor feels no pain.  My words have left me.  They are buried deep.  Machine needs a nap but he will not sleep.  Under a billion stars, I can't help but think of you.  When the lights go out, machine becomes a man.


In our old bed, I'm a pretty love machine.  You stare at my back as I stare at the wall.  We've been burning bridges and building forts.   Pretty love machine can't feel at all. 

My charm is dissipating.  It's such a shame.  Machine always knew exactly what to say.  Who do you think you are berating?  Machine feels nothing night nor day.  But when those stars comes out, machine becomes a man.

Sad sad song, you're in my head.  Familiar faces, words unsaid.  Machine stays calm, will not show his hand.  No one feels comfortable when machine becomes man.   But sad sad song, you're effecting me.  Just when I think I can no longer feel, certain things hit me unexpectedly. 

Machine can play piano and write some prose.  Machine even speaks to God.  I bet you didn't know.  Machine is still in love and drinks from a glass half full.  I bet you never ask.  You think the future is the past.  Machine thinks you're cruel and won't understand when the sun goes down and I become a man.

Tick Tock, I'm counting down.  To our last dance when the credits roll.  Tick Tock, machine will self destruct but I won't let go. 

Under a billion stars, I can't help but think of you.  When does a man become machine?  Before the love or after it's gone or somewhere between? 

When the sun goes down and no one is around, I become a man.

Forever yours,
Your pretty love machine. 








No comments:

Post a Comment