Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Procrastinator


I took some time to grow up, to move ahead, to become who I was meant to be.  I don't mean to be so abrupt but this cannot go unsaid; you are much more beautiful without me. 

I look at him.  I look at you.  I look at them.  What am I supposed to do? 

I took some time to make mistakes, to make new friends and to pave some lonely road for no one to travel on.  At no point, did I foresee this day or regret that one but I would be wrong if I said I thought nothing of it.  I suppose I could follow each commandment but do not expect me to never covet.  Truth be told, you are so much more beautiful without me.


Pay phone, pouring rain.  You know the story. 

A hypothetical if
A theoretical thought
You are much more beautiful without me.


You took some time to find yourself, to identify your wants and to become who you were meant to be.  I suppose if I was anyone else, you'd look much more beautiful with me.  I tell myself when I look at you that God did you a favor.  Silly me, the procrastinator, said let's discuss us later.

And there you are.  Exactly how I remember you.
But so much better.

You took some time to perfect that smile, that charm, that inherent goodness only some possess.  I look backward as I move forward and I digress.

Silly me, the procrastinator, has found the time to now confess.

But you are much more beautiful without me.


Rinse, wash, repeat.
A hypothetical if.  Bittersweet.

Pay phone, pouring rain.  You know the story.
Silly me, the procrastinator, will call you later.

You are so much more beautiful without me.








No comments:

Post a Comment