Wednesday, January 11, 2017

eraser



Once upon a time, I'd chase her.  Only to come up empty.  Someone hand me an eraser before my pride tries to tempt me. 
Take away these thoughts.  Kill the butterflies.  Erase everything.  The hellos and goodbyes. 
Self-awareness is vanity's evil twin.  The elephant in the room is the sin. 

That lemon sun above mom and dad.  Crayon kissed canvas is all I had.   Grab me an eraser, I've got something new to draw.  Something new to add.  That black rain cloud.  That lemon sun.  That crying child.  A loaded gun. 
Fear is pride's ugly cousin.  Dads like him are a dime a dozen.

Once upon a time, I'd race her.  Only to intentionally lose.  Someone hand me an eraser and someone else's shoes. 
Take away these regrets.  Kill the butterflies.  Erase everything.  The condescension and consolation prize.   Unrequited love is the martyr's albatross.  Cliches are the burden of its cross.

That lemon sun and the illusion of hope.  Crayon dreams drowning under a microscope.   Grab me an eraser and a time machine.   I've got somewhere new to go.   Somewhere unforeseen.  
Hindsight might be twenty twenty.  Eraser, bring a brand new dream.

Once upon a time, I'd face her.  Only to bow my head in shame.  Someone hand me an eraser before she forgets my name.  
Take away the nerves.  Kill the butterflies.   Erase everything.   The kindness wrapped in lies.  Charmed, im sure, by its disguise.

That lemon sun over the white picket fence.   Future colored in suspense.  Grab me an eraser, I promise to stay within the lines.  Innocent eyes know the lemon sun always shines. 

Once upon a time, I'd embrace her.  Only to be pushed away.   Someone hand me an eraser so I dont duplicate her disarray. 
Take away everything I was taught.   Erase all I've memorized.  Give me a clean slate.  Kill the butterflies.




No comments:

Post a Comment