Thursday, April 13, 2017

Off She Goes




Found a solution for the two of us.   As the world burns
She don't know my ideas
Just my dreams
And there she goes looking everywhere
It seems we travel in extremes
and we get nowhere
I approached with caution
til the wind caught word
She don't know but I got ideas
Off she goes with the herd
Seems I'm late
She don't know how long I'd wait

And there she goes
holding the rear view mirror
We never say goodbye

She's been taking too much on
And there she goes with my ideas
And I hold my breath
I draw a picture of the two of us
And watch the colors fade
She don't know I'll just try again

And now the devil thinks he gets the last laugh
He don't know my ideas
Just my fears
And there he goes giving up on me

Found a place for the two of us
As the world burns
See, I've got ideas
buried in my dreams
And there she goes always one step ahead
She don't know my ideas
Just my mistakes
Off she goes and I hold on tight

And she don't see what I see
focused too much on uncertainty
And I hold my breath
And draw a picture of the two of us
Off she goes with her perfect smile
And I will wait
She don't know my ideas
Just my words

And there she goes with her own ideas
I don't know whats between us
And I close my eyes
til she returns
and is off again




No comments:

Post a Comment