Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dinner with the Devil



I had dinner with the devil.  She ate her salad with a pitchfork.  She was cloaked in red.

Staring at the menu, I settled on the lobster. 

"Honey, did you know that lobsters don't have brains?  Honey, did you know that lobsters never die unless nature intercedes?  Honey, lobsters never age.  They theoretically could live forever."


She was busy with her hair.  She was careful not to eat too fast. 

"Honey, lobsters don't have brains but they do have a heart.  Honey, lobsters live forever if nature doesn't intercede."

She wears her favorite panties only on nights she knows I'll get a glimpse.  I had dinner with the devil.  Underneath it all, her soul was draped in black lace.


She had dinner with an angel.  He ate his seafood with his hands.  He was cloaked in shame.

Staring at the menu, she settled on a salad.

"Baby, I'm pleased to meet you.  I hope you guessed my name."

He was busy licking his fingers of a creature that never dies unless nature intercedes



I had dinner with the devil.  I pondered my every move.  The devil cloaked in red; smiled quite profusely.

I swear I wasn't thinking.  Hell is nothing but neurosis.  Constant and never ending. 

I had dinner with the devil.  I signed the dotted line.


"Honey, how can anyone with a heart somehow live forever?  .

The devil cloaked in red; with an angelic disposition, looked at the angel draped in shame and said, "Baby, you think too much.  Brains are over rated".








1 comment: