Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Astronaut



Stupid kid, somebody's son.  Somebody's friend, some girl's someone.
He made me think of you.
He made me think of you.
He made me drink some, too.  Just like you.
Stupid kid, where is my mirror?  You look familiar.  It's not too clear.  You made me think of him.  You made me think of him.  He will never reappear. 
Stupid kid, I'm your crystal ball.  Look at me, don't become like me. 

Pretty girl, apple of daddy's eye.  Someone's smile will become someone's sigh. 
She made me think of you.
She made me think of you.
You're predictable.  Instinctive, too. 
Pretty girl, where is that list?  My faults, my strengths; columnized.  You make me think of her.  You make me think of her.  Here's my angst to be analyzed.  Pretty girl, I'm your mocking bird.  Hear me sing, don't sing along.

Hello, Sir.  Somebody's dad.  Somebody's question mark, my period. 
He made me think of you.
He made me think of you.
Made me hate him, too.
Hello, Sir.  May I say, your breath reeks of regret?  It's okay,  You could use some pity and some sentiment.. You make me think of him.  You make me think of him.  Hello Sir, I'm your silhouette.  Look at me, don't run from me.  You can't get away from me.

I am your routine.  An after thought.  The world revolves around you. And I am your astronaut.  I float in space and think of you.   
You make me think out loud.
You make me think out loud.
Time to disengage and come back home.

One last snapshot of somebody's son; somebody's friend.  Your astronaut.
Think of me as I float away.
Think of me as I float away.
Pretty girl, ageless face
there are no other astronauts in space.






2 comments:

  1. "I float in space and think of you" gaaaaaaaahhhhhhh that's so pretty, hurl. this is lyrically stunning, as usual. i'd love to see what you'd come up with if you wrote music.

    ReplyDelete