Saturday, November 1, 2014

dear God


well hello there, dear God
got my head in the clouds, an angel for a dream
she hates my pretty words.  she thinks they're quite absurd.  she knows not what they mean.
she knows not what these mean
time is winding down.  soon to not be found.
thank God

man to man, can i bear my soul? 
she loves my pretty songs.  she even sings along.  she knows not what they mean. 
she knows not what these mean.
man to God, feel free to sing along with the angel in my dream.
she's too proud to wear my crown
i'd like to beat this dead high horse, if it's allowed down here of course.  |
dear God

she says she loves me like no other. well, she used to.
dear God, i tried to introduce you.   she knows not who you are
she knows not who you are
the dealer goes absolved as the loser blames the cards
thank God

so be it, if this is your plan
the erosion of a novelty.  dear God, is it me or is it you
the anomaly
what once was ineffable has become expressible
i can finally admit i am skeptical
thank God

she hates manipulation.  she knows not my true intentions.
she knows not my true intentions.
like you, dear God

im nothing without you.  its true, dear God

amen







1 comment:

  1. "the dealer goes absolved as the loser blames the cards"

    absolute favorite part of this one.

    ReplyDelete