Monday, December 31, 2012

More

Give me more
I need a paragraph
not a sentence
I need a sentence
not a word
I need some verbs
and no more nouns
I'll take an exclamation point
over a period
I'm not asking for literature

Give me more
you have a monopoly on my heart
I need your signature on the bottom line
I don't need collateral
or your ID
Just a promise you'll try your best
Late payments will sometimes happen
I do not repossess that which I give away
I'm not asking for your independence

If you hear me
please respond
An empty room does not cure my stage fright
My pulpit is at eye level
so I never speak down to you
If you notice me in yellow
do not say you are color blind
And if I happen to be cloaked in black
Please give me more

Give me more
As if you knew my expiration date
I am not soured milk
There is no placenta on my hands
yet
Give me more
As if your seldom spoken words were true
I'll trade you my poetic license
for your silence
I'm not asking for your pride

When I project myself
onto those walls
those walls you spent your life building high
Please cross our unburned bridge
to pay attention
Let me tear it down
brick by brick
And let's rebuild together

Give me more
I will give you most
It is not a battle of wits
or a battle of wills
I raise my white flag
If that's what you want

Just give me more.



1 comment: