Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Little Conversations



What if dreams are a time machine?  A mix of yesterday, tomorrow and all the missing moments in between.

There are no footprints in the sand.  Never, did you carry me..  When I needed you most, I was simply swept out to sea.

It's achingly beautiful on the other side.  That's what he said as I slept. 

"Why do you continue to haunt me?"
and he replied,
"I, too, was swept out to sea."

Little conversations when I sleep.  How long would they last if I never woke up?  Nothing is more intoxicating than when I drink from the sandman's cup. 

Sleep shouldn't be the weary man's foe.  Angels on the ceiling and monsters under the bed below.  Ghosts never seek closure; it's us who refuse to let go.  I could conjure up a drowning man before the tide sets in.  Don't be fooled by the devil's halo.   Dreams play like a movie in my head but I always awake before the credits roll.  Once upon a time, years ago.  Little conversations ended in I told you so. 

What if my time machine is stuck in reverse?  And our little conversations are merely you begging me to save you?   If dreams are the insomniac's curse,  shouldn't I be saved, too?

Once upon a time, there were two sets of footprints in the sand.  Little conversations, hand in hand.  Don't listen to the voices, my old friend.  Famous last words to a drowning man.  Suddenly both sets of footprints were gone like that.  Familiar sense of futility at my command. 

What unresolved issues can there be? 

There are no footprints in the sand. 

Never, did you carry me.

We're all swept out to sea, eventually. 

Little conversations, late at night.  Between an old ghost and me. 
What if dreams are a time machine?











No comments:

Post a Comment