Thursday, January 3, 2013

Death Becums her (Helloooo Kitty)

For the second time in the last year, tragedy has struck my girlfriend.

When the loss of that day hit home, I held her in my arms and told her everything would be okay.  Usually, I try to avoid cliches during moments of great pain.  But as I looked at her and noticed she needed some type of comfort, I just said what came to mind.

It was a difficult week for her.  She refused to work or eat.  She just laid in bed wondering IF or WHEN life would make sense again.
For most of that week, I just laid with her.  I tried to touch her just to let her know I was there for her.  Each time I leaned into her, she would turn her head and stare off into the distance.


She wanted no part of my touch.

About a week later, she finally got out of bed.  She grabbed my hand and said, "let's go."


I knew exactly what she meant.  I didn't need to ask Where.


Closure was around the corner.


So, I grabbed the car keys and drove her to the place where she met him.
Hand in hand, we walked into that place.  It was beaming with life.  Everyone in this place was so friendly.  I felt a little uncomfortable being the only man there; but I was there for her.

We walked around for awhile.  She broke down in tears a few times.  I just stood there with my hand on her shoulder and reminded her that it was time to let go.


And she did.

It didn't take long thereafter for that missing smile to reappear on her face.

Right there in Aisle 8 was what she was looking for....



A NEW VIBRATOR.



We named it Hellooooo Kitty

For one year, Hellooooo Kitty has treated her well.  It has done that one thing that I am unable to do:  Vibrate.


I have tried to make my penis vibrate.  But unfortunately, my penis lacks the athletic prowess I have taken tongue lessons; hoping to replicate the motion of Helloooo Kitty but that has failed as well.

We welcomed Hellooooo Kitty into our home with open arms and legs.
For the last year, it has served its purpose well.

Today, Helloooo Kitty has passed away.


It went quietly in its sleep.  My girlfriend grabbed it from its special drawer and it was unresponsive.


She shook it.  She screamed at it.  She yelled with every ounce of strength she could muster, "Fix the damn thing NOW."


I tried mouth to mouth.  I called 9-1-1 but apparently, a dead vibrator is not an emergency.

I prayed.

We called the place where we bought it.  The kind woman who answered the phone, quietly said, "Just let it go.  It is gone."

My girlfriend is fast asleep now.  She has left the funeral arrangements up to me.


RIP Helloooo Kitty.



February 2008-March 2009

Born in Taiwan
He is survived by a grateful woman.




No comments:

Post a Comment