Saturday, January 19, 2013

There had to be an Artist‏

Renowned scientist Stephen Hawking released a book with his theory that God did not create the universe; that it is possible the Earth was created out of nothing.


Without even daring to understand all of his scientific "facts", I wanted to know one thing:  Is this renowned scientist an atheist?


According to his bio, he is.


So, let me get this straight... An over intellectualized atheist wrote a book with a THEORY that God did not create the universe?  In other words, a MAN who does not believe in GOD went about figuring out how the universe came into existence without a creator?



Hypothesis: 
A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.  A theory.  An educated guess based upon observation.


Sounds like this scientist came up with his hypothesis before his observation.



I'm not a scientist.
  I will never win a debate with one.


I am not an atheist, either, so I probably will never be convincing enough to change their minds and more importantly, their hearts.


My theory or hypothesis on the existence of God is based upon my own observations.


I believe in God because I personally know God.  I have felt His presence.  I have seen Him turn water to wine in my own life.



I am not merely a number or a statistic. 
I believe the very fact that I have my own thumb print which will never be duplicated again is proof of my importance and my significance to my Creator.


I won't dare try to understand something that is impossible for the human mind to grasp. 


I will believe and if I am wrong, I die just like the atheists do.  But if I am right, I am going to a place, they will never see.  I have nothing to lose.  But my faith isn't held together as a safety net.  My faith is what it is because I have seen God's work in my own life.



So, the atheists can over intellectualize all they want.



I have seen a woman give birth.  I know what its like to fall in love.  I have seen a small seed turn into a blossoming flower.  I have watched enough animal documentaries to know that each species on Earth is far too developed and detailed to be just the handiwork of chance.


My observations lead me to the hypothesis that THERE MUST BE A GOD.


Here is one of the world's most famous paintings:



                                                          Starry Night by Van Gogh.


To the naked eye, I suppose it looks rather simple; maybe a little boring.  I know nothing about art.  I have no idea why some pay millions for paintings.  I don't get art. 



I can draw a pig but my pigs always have utters like a cow and a beak like a chicken so maybe I can't draw a pig.  Some people can draw a pig and it looks exactly how pigs were designed.  I don't understand this left brain/right brain thing.  Some are good at art.  Some are good at math.  But rarely both.


Now, I look at this painting and I realize it is pretty detailed considering it was done with a paint brush back in 1888.


I know I couldn't duplicate it or come close.


But what I do know about Starry Night, just like I know of all paintings, there had to be an artist.


                                                           An Actual Starry Night



And when I look at this planet or the universe or the oceans or you or me....


or when I look at an actual starry night...


I think
there had to be an artist.


1 comment:

  1. Exemplary response to a non believer. I believe and rely on my creator like a drowning man relies on a life raft. He [Christ] is my Life Raft.

    ReplyDelete