Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Does my Burka make my ass look Fat?


France has officially banned the burka.

In a 246-1 vote in France's Senate, it is now illegal to wear a burka in France.

Their reasoning is that wearing a veil does not promote equality.

This is the world we now live in.  Over legislation by over intellectualized and arrogant politicians who believe they know what's best for us. 

France isn't isolated in their totalitarian points of view.  For years, big brother has been telling us how to think, what we are allowed to say and not to say and now, at least in France, they are telling others how to dress.

If you don't think it can't happen here, then your burka must be covering your eyes because you are blind.

I don't think burka's are attractive.  I am the last person who wants to pander to Muslims.  I would rather see women wearing less clothes than more.

But I do have a problem with any government that dictates how one should dress.

It's bad enough women can't go shirtless in public like men can.  I believe in women's rights when it comes to being shirtless.

Now, if a Muslim man is making his wife wear a Burqa then obviously something is wrong and it should be addressed.  My problem is simply that a government has taken it upon itself to legislate clothing.

Maybe my issue with this goes back to my senior year of high school.  I attended a small Christian school with a rather lax dress code EXCEPT when it came to certain T-Shirts.

One day, I wore a T-Shirt that had the faces of The Beatles on it.  Beneath the faces, it read, "The Beatles".


Apparently, I offended one teacher.  So, off I was sent to the principal's office.

My punishment was I had to wear the shirt inside out the rest of the day.

Being the smart ass I was, I wore the shirt often to school and always inside out.  It was my loophole.

But that was a private school.  I was aware that I had certain doctrines and rules I had to adhere to.

Public schools have been expelling kids for years for wearing "offensive" clothing.  Hell, there are now some school districts that are discouraging kids from wearing a simple crucifix as a necklace.

My issue is that "offensive" is always subjective.

In 2009, a young college student in Brazil was expelled from her university for wearing a mini-dress.


 Her name is Geisy Arruda.

So, in France, it is illegal to wear too much clothes and in Brazil, you get expelled from college for not wearing enough.

I suspect there will come a day when our government will attempt to tell us how to dress.

So, I have decided to give some suggestions.


Cornrows... the black man's mullett.  Make them illegal.  They are not attractive.



And cornrows on white guys should be an even longer jail sentence.

Jean shorts.  Everyone's favorite trailer park piece of clothing.  Make them illegal.  I realize I am in the minority and a lot of people wear them but these are my suggestions....

Toe Rings.  Must I say more?  Who the hell thought toe rings were a good idea?  And who the hell are these people that actually think they look sexy wearing them?

Make toe rings illegal immediately!

Other suggestions for government to crack down on include:


Crocs

Fanny Packs

Turtlenecks



2 comments:

  1. Now, if a Muslim man is making his wife wear a Burqa then obviously something is wrong and it should be addressed. My problem is simply that a government has taken it upon itself to legislate clothing.

    Hurl here is the problem I have with the Burka issue, many of the women DO NOT even want to wear a Burka, but a man insists when she says "NO" Isn't this a bit like yesterdays conversation about the entire "NO" issue,,and the fact gov't regulation as you have addressed. Just my 2-cents

    ReplyDelete
  2. many Muslim women wear the Burka in the same sense that Mormons wear the long underwear; they believe they are following Muhammed's instructions for women to be modest. if a man make his wife wear a burka and she disobeys him which results in some type of abuse; that man is already a criminal. no new laws are needed. i agree with your 2 cents. a lot of muslim women wear the burka because they believe its what their supposed to do; a type of condtion similiar to us who are Christians who believe sex before marriage is wrong. so, i actually believe most women who wear burkas in europe or america arent wearing them out of fear. they are wearing them out of "respect" for their belief system.

    ReplyDelete