Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Dog



I'm gonna buy me a happy dog.  Like the one I used to have. 

Happy dog will have a home.  In her home, she will be fed.  When she's not fed, she will be loved.  As she's loved, she will wag her tail for me.  When she wags her tail for me, I will know happy dog loves me.

Happy dog will go on walks.  Sometimes, let loose to run free.  Happy dog will meet other dogs but won't let them too close to me.  Happy dog will be a selfish dog; the kind of dog they all should be.  If I dare touch another dog, happy dog will snap at me. 

I'm gonna buy me a happy dog.  And give her a special name.  Like the one I used to have.

She won't be my daughter or I, her surrogate dad.  Happy dog will be my best friend.  We will share our secrets late at night when no one is around to care.  Happy dog will be a thoughtful dog; the kind of dog that worries when I'm not there.

When I'm gone, happy dog will sleep and dream of me coming home.  She will never give up on me because happy dog knows no one should be left alone.  Maybe, happy dog will be an anxious dog; the kind of dog they all should be.  If I dare say anothers name, happy dog will snap at me.

I'm gonna buy me a happy dog; a dog that understands my moods.  Like the one I used to have.

Happy dog will be by my side even if I don't ask her to.  She will know what this man needs; the kind of man who is hard to read.  Happy dog won't be complex.  She will be a simple breed. 

When that day comes and goes; the day we must part ways, happy dog will understand.  Maybe, happy dog will beg me to never leave if happy dog is a loving dog like they all should be.  Just one look and happy dog will know that she only belongs with me.

I'm gonna buy me a happy dog.  Like the one I used to have.





1 comment: