Sunday, October 28, 2012

Defiant

Woman Woman, what’s your hurry
You’re always out of breath
Don’t you know that too much worry
Will lead to an early death?

Mister mister, what’s this cause
That keeps you occupied?
Don’t you know that counting flaws
Is short of suicide?

Woman, woman, can you see the finish line?
Tell me love, what you’re looking for
And I will see if I have the time

And if I have the time for this
Will you catch your breath?
I think you know that one deep slow kiss
just might save you from an early death

Mister, Mister, what’s the matter
You seem to have lost your touch
You once held her, you once felt her
Don’t you know yesterday never matters much?

Woman woman, can’t you see
What stands in front of you
That thin red line of self-hate and ambiguity
Is always a shade away from blue

Tell me love if you’ll be more pro-life
In this pro-choice world
Because mister mister is out of breath
Without his rested girl

And if all things are never meant to last
Including sunshine and it’s rain
I promise you that this too will pass
As defiant as that eternal flame




No comments:

Post a Comment