Sunday, October 28, 2012

Twisted

Sometimes I wish I could be an inanimate object
Like a statue
or a mannequin
Just so I could watch you
So I could laugh at you
So I could learn the truth
And you couldn't hurt me
anymore.

Because I can't handle the thought of you with another, lover.

Sometimes I wish I was an atomic bomb
to be dropped on an unknowing city
Just so I could depopulate
and decapitate the world
from itself
Just to prove that man is its own worst enemy
Just to prove there is a devil
which would prove there is a God

Because you can't have one without the other, brother.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the zoo
Like a monkey
or a lion or even a pink flamingo
Just so I could be the star attraction
as I live in a cage
Just like those other celebrities
So I could look down at you
So I could feel important to you
And you couldn't hurt me
anymore.  

Because I will never be okay with thinking of her like a sister, mister.

Sometimes I wish I was a tornado
or even a tongue twister
Maybe, a volcano
or a twisted transistor

Sometimes I wish I could be

Anyone but me, baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment