Saturday, October 27, 2012

Insignificant Other


i'm feeling so powerful
like I just shot a buffalo
as cold and isolated
as an eskimo

but i know she loves me
because she told me so


i'm feeling so restless
like a caged blue bird
as cold and hopeless
as the future

sometimes she says
i sound so monotonous
but only when i'm feeling so powerful
like i just shot a hippopotamus

but i know she's just trying to keep me together
despite the fact, i'm not getting any better

she's thinking about making babies
as i am plucking the petals off of daisies

repeating over and over again...
she loves me
but she wants me not
she loves me
but she wants me not
she gets a little angry and says
STOP BEING SO PREPOSTEROUS

my love, it's not like I shot a rhinoceros

and she feels so powerful
like she just shot a buffalo

i will always seek her warmth
just like an eskimo


No comments:

Post a Comment