Saturday, October 27, 2012

Song Bird

You stripped me of my voice
so your song can be heard
Singing was never my choice
I am just a simple song bird

I am just a creature
with wings and a tune
I can fly I can sing
then I die too soon

Mr. hunter man put a hole in my arm
I’m just a simple song bird
why must you do me such harm

“I’m a hunter man.
This is what I do
Sing your way out of this
I DARE YOU.”

You stripped me of my wings
It’s a little absurd
I can’t fly I can’t sing
I’m just a useless song bird

Why Mr. Hunter Man
are you so cruel
I’m just a simple song bird
abiding the golden rule

“I’m a hunter man
and I’m bigger than you”

But I’m just a bird
Singing and flying is all I do
Stripped of my voice
And unable to fly
This simple song bird
bows his head down to die

When all of a sudden
I open my eyes
to a noise in the distance
I have no choice in this surprise

It’s a smiling little girl
she knows that this hurts
She says, “When I grow up,
I’m going to be a nurse”

She cups me in her hands
and gently pets my face
“Come with me,” she demands
“to a better place”

She nurses me back to health
and calls me her own
I’m just a simple song bird
Please take me back home

So, she heads to the place
where she found my wounded soul
“Fly little bird
You’re once again whole”

High into the sky
I fly like I used to
I look down at the girl
And sing THANK YOU

And I don’t resent the hunter man who shot me
He did the only thing he’s learned
Let me fly let me sing
I’m just a simple song bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment