Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Desparios

I found irony in a bowl of Cheerios.
It was my last meal for 11 days.
Maybe, there should be a cereal for depression.

Desparios.

Just a thought.  One of many, I had for days.

I felt like Pearl Harbor.
But I shouldn't have.
I knew it was coming.

I found comfort in the mockingbird.
Better to be laughed at than ignored.

Found out who my friends were.
Never knew Judas was among them.
He wore pink ribbons in his hair.
I wore a crown of thorns.
Proudly.

I found irony in a German Shepherd.
Those fucking Nazis and their pure bred dogs.

Just a little misguided hatred.  I had plenty to spread around.

I felt like Jesus Christ.
But not the iconic Savior of mankind.
I felt like the soiled name Hollywood has made it.

I knew it was coming.
I was Louisiana.
And she was Hurricane Katrina.
From the rooftop of my own broken heart, I watched her wash my dreams away.
Our dreams.

I found irony in my selfishness.
Who could hurt worse than me?
And I painted myself the victim
but the truth is
the truth was
I was to blame.

Just a momentary lapse of reasoning.

I found irony in a bowl of Cheerios.
One year later.
With a stir of my spoon
and my anxieties quietly put at ease
Off in the distance, I hear

I miss you.

And the storm has passed.


No comments:

Post a Comment