Sunday, October 28, 2012

God is a hater?

Everyone is speaking for God.

I've got a black friend.  Did I mention I have a black friend?  Oh, and I have a gay friend.  I have a friend that loves his own gender but not the kind of love reserved for puppies and chocolate ice cream.  I am talking about that kind of love that generates those feelings; those feelings that lead to sex.   God might love my black friend.  God just might love me.  But I'm not sure if God loves my gay friend.

But just in case, I have a straight friend, too.

One thing Sunday School taught me was that "God loves the little children".  The key word is little.  God hates BIG children.  It's not just judgmental adults that hate obese children.  God does, too.

So, as I was trying to decipher who God loves and who God hates, I found these LITTLE children:


Little children, whom are loved by God, are now telling the rest of us whom God hates.

Another thing I remember from Sunday School is that "blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord."  Yet, I see a sign held by a LITTLE child that says GOD HATES AMERICA.  BUT isn't America the most blessed nation on Earth?

So, I am conflicted.

And it dawned on me, maybe adults have placed these signs into the hands of their children... Sort of a twisted kind of indoctrination; the kind you only see in countries like IRAN.  In Iran, children are taught that GOD HATES JEWS.

I've got a friend who is HIV positive.  He doesn't have AIDS.  He has HIV.  He might be gay.  He may not be.  It doesn't matter.  God will hate him the day, if that day comes, when his HIV becomes AIDS.


God's punishment for gay sex is AIDS?

 
And His punishment for being black is Earthquakes?


And His punishment for being Asian or Muslim is a Tsunami?

I was starting to think that God hates everyone who isn't straight and white until a simple basketball game changed my opinion.

There I was watching the end of a Boston Celtics/Orlando Magic playoff game.  Immediately after winning the game, Dwight Howard, a black player for the Magic declared, "I just want to thank God for this victory.  Without Him, we could not have done it."


So, now God hates the Celtics.  Or maybe He just hates the Irish.

So, now I am conflicted.  God hates gays, America, the Boston Celtics, fat children, Jews...

And most of all, God hates signs.


I think that is the only thing any of us should agree on.

Please stop speaking for God.
    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment